Yesterday there were 12 cats living in our garage where they were safe and warm. Now they will be sleeping in the shed, hopefully, so they will stay somewhat warm. The garage was OK but they pooped everywhere. And I mean everywhere! They pooped on top of Tim’s tools, under the mower, in any box that was halfway open, on any cloth or container that looked interesting. Tim is finally sick of it since they are his tools, and he does live right above the garage. So he threw them out today and cleaned up a bunch of poop. Anyway, here are the cats that are currently outdoor only cats:
- Mama Cat*
- Scotchy and Little Gray* from Mama Cat’s first litter
- Stinky* from Mama Cat’s second litter
- Toby, Butch, Hannah Montana*, and Big Eyes* from Mama Cat’s third litter
- Swirly Junior from Little Gray’s first litter
- Goose, Oscar, and Gunny* from Little Gray’s second litter
The following cats are indoor/outdoor cats. They are mostly indoors at the moment because it is so cold.
- Vicious from Mama Cat’s second litter (obviously he’s turned out to be a sweetie or he would not be in the house!)
- Tubby Boat* and Captain Gray from Little Gray’s first litter
The following cats are indoor only cats, including the two we brought with us from Phoenix.
- Booter from Little Gray’s second litter
The asterisks indicate the female cats. Only Cleo is fixed. It is possible that Goose and/or Oscar are female, but I can’t remember as the last time I checked they were tiny and I wasn’t really sure if they were female or not. We should get some fixed, I know. I’d like to get Mama Cat fixed as she’s already had 3 litters (that we know of) and she is not the nicest cat. She can be sweet to us, but she is a bitch to the other cats. She is a pretty good mama cat, at least until her kittens reach a certain age and then she is mean to them. Her kittens are not the friendliest either. Some of them are OK and some of them are mean like she is. Little Gray’s kittens have been really nice so far, but her second litter hasn’t been around us much so I have a feeling they will not be quite as friendly. So I think if I had to choose, I would get Mama Cat and all of her female kittens fixed. I might leave Little Gray and Tubby Boat unfixed as they are both pretty sweet cats. And then, if we need more cats someday I will just take all the cats offered on Freecycle.🙂